Whenever it is about setting up a gym at home, the confusion remains between power rack and squat stand. When you set out to buy equipment for your home gym, then you should consider several factors.
Best way to clear the ambiguity between these machines is to weigh out the pros and cons of both the machines. Both of these have their own advantages and disadvantages therefore;
it is significant to look in to them before finally investing in to one of the machines. There is a range of factors that will decide about the right choice.
Squat: It is the form of exercise that offers the basis of stronger quads, calves, and hamstrings.
Squat stand: It is a device that has been devised keeping in mind the squat movements. It will support your weight when you will be performing various squats.
Power rack: Power rack is a device that has been designed for safety during the lifts. It allows free weight training without any spotter. These racks have been equipped with safety pins to catch the barbell if it slips somehow.
Read more: Best Powertec Power Rack of 2020
These have been designed to do dip bars, built-in pull-ups, and several other workouts.
4 Best Power Rack vs Squat Rack – Buying Guide
|Buy Now @ Amazon|
|Buy Now @ Amazon|
|Buy Now @ Amazon|
|Buy Now @ Amazon|
Let us now talk about a number of squat stands that have been rated top during the year 2020:
1. Titan X-3 Adjustable Squat Stand w/Spotter Arms & Pull Up Bar 3″ x 3:
If you are a serious squatter then this will serve the purpose in best manner. It has a sturdy base with a chin up bar attachment. It is 92” tall. It will be amusing with its solid platform to take care of the heavy weights easily.
2. York Barbell FTS Press And Squat Stand:
It is an efficient entry level squat stand meant particular for the beginners. It offers every opportunity to the newbies to master the technique in a safe and reliable manner.
It is pretty much affordable squat position that can be well used for the benching and pressing.
Now we will be briefly talking about the power racks that have remained in lime light during 2017:
3. Titan Short Power Rack:
If you are thinking about a gym at home with lowered ceiling then considering to have a squat power rack is indeed good option. This specific equipment is offered with j-hooks along with a chin up bar. It is capable of offering 21 setting positions.
In case you have lesser space in your home for gym, then this particular power rack will serve the purpose for you.
4. TDS Power Rack / Squat Cage:
These are lesser expensive with basic options. It can be customized to meet the customized expectations of the users. This power racks allows the user to work out their whole bodies without need of having any other extra equipment.
The Decision About Either Buying A Power Rack Or Squat Stand Depends On Their Pros And Cons.
What Exactly Is Squat Stand?
It is a stand that supports your weight while performing squats. Squats provide the foundation for the quads, stronger calves, and hamstrings.
With a high-quality squat stand, you will enjoy a more dependable squat routine. It constitutes barbell that is supported by a couple of adjustable metallic stands. Enjoy high-intensity workout by positioning the body under the bar and then lifting it off.
Step back and then perform the exercise. Repeat the process a number of times. You can have a range of squats easily accessible in the market. You can find the right one for you depending upon your budget and skill level.
Squat stands are versatile and pretty much durable. Many of these are offered with customization options along with several add on features.
Pros And Cons Of Squat Stand:
- These stands consume lesser space as compared to the power racks. These are compact and hence fit in to the corner of the gym.
- They are reasonably priced. As compared to the power racks they cost almost half.
- The weigh lesser as compared to the power racks and hence easily mobile.
- You will have to dump the weight when you find yourself on squats until and unless you are using the additional safety pins. To avoid breaking the plates and bar, you will have to have heavy duty bumper plates.
- Squat stands lack flexibility as compared to power racks.
Read Our Article:: 6 Best Power line Power Rack Machine Reviews
What Precisely Is Power Rack?
This is a device that has been designed for free weight lifting with safety in every manner. These machines have built in dip bars and pull up enabling users to perform several exercises.
The equipment has a structure that is cage like. It has four metallic posts that are connected with the help of horizontal framing. The bar can be placed in variety of heights and the users can sit in upright positions.
Also there are two horizontal bars that can be adjusted at different heights following the safety purposes.
These racks can be customized and there are ways to add extra features to it as well. It is due to this fact that the racks take a lot of space and pretty much difficult to be moved.
Pros And Cons Of Power Racks:
- Power rack gives the ability to work alone without having any fear of getting hurt.
- It also enables you to execute bench presses, deadlifts, inverted rows, chin-ups, barbell curls and several other movements.
- It is one time investment giving great workouts for several years to come. They are sturdy, robust, and gives confidence to workout openly wile lifting the heavy weights.
- They consume larger space and difficult to be moved from one place to the other
- These are more expensive as compared to the squat stands
If you have much space and budget then power rack should be the choice. In case finance is not an issue but space constraint is there then you should opt for the squatting rack. Choose the equipment for your home gym carefully.
After all such investments cannot be made off and on.
Must Read Our Article:: Lat PullDown With Dumbbells Review